false mirror office gathers five architects who share the Polytechnic School of Genoa as a common background.
While collaborating with leading European firms, its members share the interest for selected themes of major relevance, spanning from disciplinary topics to unrelated matters. If architecture design combines them in the form of a conclusive reasoning, theoretical research and debate set them up for re-questioning.
Believing that new only originates as a reaction to the existing, false mirror office re-discovers the past as the present, re-signifies high as mass culture, re-values forms and functions.
As a matter of fact, false mirror office mis-represents Architecture.
false mirror office is Andrea Anselmo, Gloria Castellini, Filippo Fanciotti, Giovanni Glorialanza and Boris Hamzeian.
false mirror office has been featured in several books, magazines and websites:
- Venturini, Giampiero. “Atlas of Emerging Practices: Being an Architect in the 21st Century” Itinerant Office & New Generations 2019
- CARNETS, Architecture Is Just a Pretext, anteferma 2019 - ISBN 978-88-32050-47-9
Play City, viceversa magazine, 2019
- Prati, Carlo. "Nuovi Disegno D’architettura Italiano. La Centralità Ritrovata” Macro Asilo, 2018
- Belgian newspaper Le Soir
- Cattin, N. D. “Collective Processes Counterpractices in European Architecture”, Birkhäuser 2021 - ISBN 9783035624700